CCTV (PSS) Operatives Basic Training
The CCTV Operatives course will not only introduce the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff but also teach them about all the skills, knowledge and techniques required to ensure the CCTV equipment is used to its best advantage” Run at a very busy CCTV Control room it will give you first hand knowledge and preparation for your exam.
Students will learn about technical skills required to run the system, how images are best collected, making sure audit trails are in place, liaising with police when criminal activity takes place and that the equipment is used effectively and efficiently at all times.
The course will highlight that good verbal and written skills, listening skills, customer care techniques and how to handle complaints are important in the successful operation of CCTV. Recognizing and interpreting body language from images is also very important.
The course can accommodate 8 Students on a first come first served basis.
- Clarifies fire and emergency procedures
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- Familiarizes students with relevant legislation like the Data Protection Act, Human rights Act etc.
- Fault reporting procedures
- How to deal with attempted unauthorized access
- How to deal with system failure
- Identifying an IED (Improvised Explosive Device)
- Operation of access control systems
- Provides discussion on Health and Safety in the Work
- Surveillance techniques
- What to do if a criminal activity takes place and interacting with the police
Back to the top